Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Thanks
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Re: Rooks, Knights and Bravehearts - The Ro-Kyu-Bu!/Tenshi no 3P! X High School DxD Crossover Series

Volume 7: "The Magenta Girls and the Sun Warriors" | Supplementary 8, Part 1: "Profile of the Participating Teams of the Ōmori Invitationals"

This is the eighth supplementary of the series where you’ll see the profile of some of the participating teams of the Ōmori Invitationals. First up, here is the profile of the Dark Eclipse, which includes Matsuki Nagashi. All members are from the Kōjiya Middle School. The leader of the group is Toshimi Kuroki.

SUPPLEMENTARY 8: “Profile of the Participating Teams of the Ōmori Invitationals”
    Legend: ES – Elementary School, MS – Middle School, HS – High School

Dark Eclipse
    Dark Eclipse: Mitsuki Nagashi, Toshimi Kuroki, Naohito Kuribyashi, Shigeru Masuyama, Tōru Matsunaga, Mitsuaki Makabe, Tadanori Nogami, Gakuto Nogami, Tsubasa Noda, Ryūhei Kuroki, Makoto Yamada, Kōsuke Suzaki and Kazuma Yamano

Mitsuki Nagashi: SF / 1MS / Kōjiya MS / Member of Kōjiya Middle School Boys’ Basketball Team
    Toshimi Kuroki: PG / 3MS / Kōjiya MS
    Naohito Kuribyashi: PF / 2MS / Kōjiya MS
    Shigeru Masuyama: C / 2MS / Kōjiya MS
    Tōru Matsunaga: SG / 1MS / Kōjiya MS / Member of Kōjiya Middle School Boys’ Basketball Team
    Mitsuaki Makabe: C / 1MS / Kōjiya MS
    Tadanori Nogami: PG / 2MS / Kōjiya MS / Older Brother of Gakuto Nogami
    Gakuto Nogami: SG-SF / 1MS / Kōjiya MS / Younger Brother of Tadanori Nogami
    Tsubasa Noda: PF / 3MS / Kōjiya MS
    Ryūhei Kuroki: PG / 2MS / Kōjiya MS / Younger Brother of Toshimi Kuroki
    Makoto Yamada: SG / 2MS / Kōjiya MS
    Kōsuke Suzaki: SF-SG / 1MS / Kōjiiya MS
    Kazuma Yamano: C-PF / 1MS / Kōiya MS

UP NEXT: Updated Schedule of Updates – Part 1-1 of Volume 7

Thanks
    Achievements:

Re: Rooks, Knights and Bravehearts - The Ro-Kyu-Bu!/Tenshi no 3P! X High School DxD Crossover Series

Here is the updated schedule of the first batch of future updates to be posted starting February 10 to March 6, 2019. I switch the schedule for Interlude 18, Chapter 105, Interlude 19 and Chapter 106 due to their time of the day are different.

February 10: Interlude 16: “A Busy Day without the Charms (Part 2)”
    February 13: Interlude 17: “A Busy Day without the Charms (Part 3)”
    February 17: Chapter 104: “The Night that the Pink Nobles have Courage (Part 1)” [Birthday of Hiyo Yukino (February 18)
    February 20: Interlude 18: “A Busy Day without the Charms (Part 4)” [Birthday of Kagetsu Hakamada (February 20)]
    February 24: Chapter 105: “The Night that the Pink Nobles have Courage (Part 2)” [Birthday of Kana Hanazawa (February 25)]
    February 27: Interlude 19: “A Busy Day without the Charms (Part 5)” [Birthday of Tōru Ōkawa (February 28)]
    March 3: Chapter 106: “A Courageous Night in Haneda” [Birthday of Hinata Hakamada (March 3) and Sasame Mitsukuri (March 4)]
    March 6: Interlude 20: “A Busy Day without the Charms (Part 6)”

UP NEXT: Interlude 16: “A Busy Day without the Charms (Part 2)”

Despite the elimination of the girls’ team of the Pink Nobles, the Innocent Charm, the Pink Nobles, the Prestigious Charm and the Azure Wind have made it to the quarterfinals. However, a confrontation between Ryōta, Matsuki and the Sagi-ume, led by Yasushi Shionji and Taketoshi Swamatsu. Kotoko says that she’ll going to them on what’s going on with them while Hinata and Kagetsu don’t know what they are confronting about. It will be revealed in the next chapter to be posted on February 17. In the next update, it will be the second part of “A Busy Day without the Charms”. Back at the Misawa Resort Hotel, Tsubaki, Hiiragi and the Foul Play Crew are having an activity for them at the Recreational Center as they’ll be competing each other in a badminton tournament alongside the four members of the Music Girls, Shupe Gushiken, Miku Nishio, Hiyo Yukino and Sasame Mitsukuri. I’ll see you on February 10 (Sunday) for the next update!

Thanks
    Achievements:

Finally, another milestone has been reached in the series! 30,000 view counts! The series had already growing its view count for the last three weeks and hopefully, it will grow more later and in a few days soon. Thanks for your support in reading this series! I know that you're all awesome readers when you're reading the updates of the series every time when I post an update of the series! Now, let’s keep this view count growing!

One of my favorite hobbies when it comes to sports is basketball, but I’m also playing volleyball, tennis and badminton too! So, tonight’s update is going to be a fast-paced and challenging activity for the Foul Play Crew as Tsubaki, Hiiragi and their friends will face each other in a badminton tournament. Aside from them, the four members of Ongaku Shoujo, Shupe Gushiken, Miku Nishio, Hiyo Yukino and Sasame Mitsukuri will also participate at the badminton tournament. Tonight’s update was inspired from Hanebado!, a sports anime that was aired last July to September 2018 and focused on Ayano Hanesaki’s badminton journey in her high school in Kanagawa. So, let’s jump in to tonight’s update to see who the best duo in the Foul Play Crew's badminton tournament. Enjoy reading Interlude 16!

After finishing their assignments earlier, Tsubaki, Hiiragi and the Foul Play would go to the badminton court of the Recreational Center to have time playing badminton. Tsubaki would make turn the badminton activity into a badminton tournament, which allows all members of her group including her twin sister Hiiragi and herself to square off to determine the best duo in the group. They would be later joined by the four members of Ongaku Shoujo Shupe Gushiken, Miku Nishio, Hiyo Yukino and Sasame Mitsukuri. A fun activity at the badminton court of the Recreational Center will never be forgotten as Tsubaki, Hiiragi and her friends including Shupe, Miku, Hiyo and Sasame will show their skills and techniques in badminton and hopefully, only one duo will stand as winners of the tournament.

VOLUME 7: “THE MAGENTA GIRLS AND THE SUN WARRIORS”
    INTERLUDE 16: “A BUSY DAY WITHOUT THE CHARMS (PART 2)

This is the second part of the interlude where the Bravehearts are having a busy day without Subaru, Aoi, Hinata, Kagetsu and Kentarō due to their participation in separate tournaments: Subaru and Aoi’s Nashiba High School in the Young Players Cup and Hinata’s Innocent Charm, Kagetsu’s Prestigious Charm and Kentarō’s Azure Wind in the Ōmori Invitationals.

The Bravehearts, the New Camellian Dragons and their allies would split their activities for the rest of the day after meeting each other at noon. The Bravehearts have just finished their assignments before the noon.

Tsubaki, Hiiragi and the members of the Foul Play Crew have arrived at the badminton court of the Recreational Center, which is in the ground floor of the building.

Foul Play Crew: Composed of two teams
    Team Shimojō: Ken Yamamoto, Aya Shimojō, Shinobu Higashimura, Keiko Hosada, Kanehira Satō, Ryūichi Sagawa, Ryūta Murozono, Kenta Hisakawa and Shōji Nozawa
    Team Asakura: Akari Asakura, Mitsugi Nagasawa, Ryōsuke Kanemoto, Asuka Aragaki, Michitarō Ibuki, Kimiko Furihata, Toshihisa Ōnishi and Minami Ishizuka
    Staff: Tsutomu Ogasawara

“Who wants to play first?” asked Tsubaki.

“I do, Tsuba!” said Hiiragi.

“Yeah, I wanna play too!” said Ken.

The other members of the Foul Play Crew are eager to play badminton as well. Tsubaki brings out her own racket and smiles to Hiiragi and the members of the Foul Play Crew. “Okay! It seems that you guys are interested to play badminton, right? Then, it’s all set. We’ll settle this in a tournament-style format where eight pairs will compete against each other. Whoever makes it to the final and beat the other pair wins the tournament. Understand?”

“Yes, Tsubaki! We understand!” said Hiiragi and the members of the Foul Play Crew.

“Good. Then, here are the participating pairs of this tournament. We have, me and Hii. Then, Ken and Aya. Shinobu and Akari. Keiko and Kanehira. Ryūichi and Mitsugi. Asuka and Tsutomu. Michitarō and Kimiko. And finally, Toshihisa and Minami. Now, I will announce the matchups for the first round of the tournament” said Tsubaki.

Then, someone interrupts Tsubaki after hearing that a tournament was held in their court. “Hmm… that’s an interesting tournament, Tsubaki. We wanna join too!”

“Tsuba, someone’s joining to the tournament” said Hiiragi.

“Who?” asked Tsubaki.

Hiiragi is pointing at the members of the Ongaku Shoujo, who were holding their badminton rackets. “They are Shupe Gushiken, Miku Nishio, Hiyo Yukino and Sasame Mitsukuri.”

“Oh! What a surprise! Okay, I know that you girls are excited to play badminton, right?” said Tsubaki.

“Yeah!” said Shupe, Miku, Hiyo and Sasame.

“Then, I will invite you to our own tournament where we will supposedly have eight teams, but thanks to the four of you, I will make it a 10-team tournament” said Tsubaki.

“When are we going to have our first match?” asked Shupe.

“I know that we want to know the matches, but we haven’t played badminton with you” said Miku.

“Oh, I understand, Miku-chan. I will let Tsuba to change to tournament format and then, you will have your opponents for your first match. Okay?” said Hiiragi.

“Okay, Hiiragi!” said Shupe and Miku.

As Tsubaki and Hiiragi are whispering, Hiyo and Sasame are not sure who will be facing.

“I wonder which pair we shall take on, Sasame-chan” said Hiyo.

“Yeah, I’m so excited to play badminton and I would be delighted if we’re going to make it to the final and face Miku and Shupe” said Sasame.

“I agree. I’m sure that we’re ready to play against the others in the tournament” said Hiyo.

Sasame winks her eyes before nodding on her head. “Yeah!”

When Tsubaki and Hiiragi finish randomizing the matchups, Tsubaki announces the format of the tournament. “Before I will announce the matchups for the first round, I will explain how the tournament works. This tournament will be composed of two parts, the preliminary round and the main round. In the preliminary round, there will be 5 matches with two pairs facing each other. The 5 winning pairs will be heading to a winner-takes-all single-elimination format.”

“In the main round, two pairs will square off first and the winners will be facing off against another pair. Then, it’s the usual semifinal and final matches where the surviving pair will be the winner of this tournament. All matches except the final will be in one set. The final will be contested in a best-of-three format. So, are we clear with the format?”

“Yes, Tsubaki!” said Hiiragi, Shupe, Miku, Hiyo, Sasame and the members of the Foul Play Crew.

Tsubaki smiles to Hiiragi, Shupe, Miku, Hiyo, Sasame and the members of the Foul Play Crew. “Okay! Now, onto the matchups. First, we have us battling against the pair of Ryūichi and Mitsugi. The second match will be between the pair of Keiko and Kanehira and the pair of Asuka and Tsutomu. The third match will be between the pair of Ken and Aya and the pair of Michitarō and Kimiko. The fourth match will be between the pair of Shinobu and Akari against the pair of Shupe and Miku. And last but not the least, the pair of Hiyo and Sasame will take on the pair of Toshihisa and Minami. So, if you’re ready to put your rackets on to show your strength, then let’s start the tournament!”

“Yeah!” said Hiiragi, Shupe, Miku, Hiyo, Sasame and the members of the Foul Play Crew.

The preliminary round starts with the match between the pair of the Takenaka twins and the pair of Ryūichi and Mitsugi. Tsubaki and Hiiragi didn’t use their special moves and instead use their acceleration.

When the Takenaka twins are ahead of the pair of Ryūichi and Mitsugi, the Takenaka twins are going for the match point. Tsubaki slams the shuttlecock with her badminton racket before Ryūichi reverses it. Hiiragi slams the shuttlecock with her badminton racket, but Mitsuki fights back. After both pairs go back and forth, Tsubaki hits the shuttlecock one last time with her acceleration and sends the shuttlecock to go on to the pair of Ryūichi and Mitsugi. Ryūichi tries to slam the shuttlecock with his badminton racket, but he misses it when his acceleration was degrading, thanks to the Takenaka twins’ strategy. The match is over with the Takenaka twins winning the first match.

“Alright! We won, Hii!” said Tsubaki.

“Yeah, Tsuba! That’s how we finish the job with the strong hit!” said Hiiragi.

“Yep. Now, we’re moving on to the next tournament!” said Tsubaki.

“Yeah!” said Hiiragi.

The Takenaka twins would shake hands with the pair of Ryūichi and Mitsugi after the match is over. Ryōsuke and Shōji are officiating the tournament. Ryōsuke crosses out the names of Ryūichi and Mitsugi as a result of their elimination.

Later, the two matches ended with similar results compared to the first match. The pair of Keiko and Kanehira defeated the pair of Asuka and Tsutomu with Kanehira takes the last strike to slam the shuttlecock right before it lands to their opponent’s court. Asuka and Tsutomu tries to catch the shuttlecock, but they miss. On the other hand, the pair of Ken and Aya defeated the pair of Michitarō and Kimiko to advance to the next round after Kimiko made a mistake when she hits the shuttlecock with her badminton racket, it landed on the line of out of bounds.

The next matchup is the pair of Shinobu and Akari against the pair of Shupe and Miku.

“This should be an interesting match, Tsubaki” said Hiyo.

“Yeah, I can’t believe that it’s the first time that Shupe and Miku are playing against two players with their strong stamina” said Tsubaki.

“It feels like Shupe and Miku have been working together to defeat their opponents but facing against our two friends of mine would be different as Shinobu and Akari are good in invisibility and refraction” said Hiiragi.

“Oh, I get it now. I’m sure that Shupe and Miku will be taking out your friends with their combination of moves, but I’m feeling nervous right now because they might get a disadvantage” said Sasame.

“But rest assure, Shupe and Miku can’t let their bodies down” said Hiyo.

“Well, I don’t know if you’re taking from the judgment, but we’ll see about that” said Tsubaki.

“Yeah, both sides are ready, and the match is underway!” said Hiiragi.

The clash between the pair of Shinobu and Akari against the pair of Shupe and Miku starts off with Shinobu and Akari get their lead against Shupe and Miku, but in the climax of the match, Shupe and Miku are not giving up, ready to fight back and win.

“You know what, Miku, let’s show those guys how the true teamwork gets the job done!” said Shupe, holding her badminton racket after getting the point for the pair.

“You got it, Shupe! You got this!” said Miku.

“Okay, here I come!” said Shupe as she starts to strike the shuttlecock with her badminton racket. The strong strike was so fiery that causes Shinobu to miss the hit. The score is now 9 to 7, still in favor of the pair of Shinobu and Akari.

“What a nice strike!” said Miku.

“You did it, Shupe! You’re a real badminton player!” said Hiyo while Sasame smiles on her face.

“Thanks, everyone! Now that we’re ready to fight back, then let’s get that victory!” said Shupe.

“Okay!” said Miku.

Things would go interesting for the match as Shupe and Miku start working together by using their combination of moves. After Shupe takes the first strike to hit the shuttlecock with her shuttlecock, Miku positions herself to aim the right target and uses her strong acceleration. Then, when the shuttlecock is heading to Shupe’s place, Shupe would strike the shuttlecock with her badminton racket and her strike was so powerful that causes the pair of Shinobu and Akari missing their chance to hit it. Then, Shupe and Miku are rallying all their way to the match point where Shupe would strike the shuttlecock with her Whirlwind ability, that seals the deal for the pair of Shupe and Miku as they won their match against the pair of Shinobu and Akari and advance to the main round.

“You’re doing great, Shupe! Great job!” said Miku as she gives Shupe a high five.

“Yeah! I’m getting pumped up when I’m ready to strike the shuttlecock and my opponents miss their opportunity to fight back! That’s how true badminton players are with their ability!” said Shupe.

“Alright! Nice win for both of you, Miku and Shupe! I’m happy to see you playing together like a real champion!” said Hiyo.

“Since you’re coming back from a deficit, you nail them with your whirlwind strike!” said Sasame.

“Thanks, Hiyo and Sasame” said Shupe and Miku.

“It was a comeback where we were able to hold off our opponents strongly” said Shupe.

“Now, it’s your turn to enter to the court and make us proud!” said Miku.

“Okay!” said Hiyo and Sasame.

Hiyo and Sasame would do the same thing just like Shupe and Miku as they defeated the pair of Toshihisa and Minami to advance to the main round. Now that the main tournament is set to begin, the first match would be the pair of Hiyo and Sasame facing off against the pair of Keiko and Kanehira. When the match is tied at 10, Keiko takes the strike to hit the shuttlecock with her badminton racket before Hiyo slams it back. When Kanehira takes cover to strike the shuttlecock with the badminton racket, Sasame is ready to hit the shuttlecock with her own power.

“I’m always running around like I did in Shiga and I’m going to make it as fast as I could!” said Sasame as she hits the shuttlecock with her badminton racket, using the same move as Shupe and when Keiko tries to fight back, she misses the strike and she didn’t able to land on her racket. This turns the favor for Hiyo and Sasame.

“Nice move, Sasame!” said Miku.

“Looks like you’re going to prepare for the match point. Just make us proud!” said Shupe.

“Okay!” said Sasame.

Sasame strikes the shuttlecock with her badminton racket before Kanehira hits it back. Hiyo momentarily strikes back before Keiko makes the save. Sasame strikes the shuttlecock with her badminton racket once again before Kanehira fights back harder. Hiyo and Keiko exchange their strikes and eventually, Sasame strikes the shuttlecock even more as she uses her acceleration to strike it faster. When Keiko hits the shuttlecock with her badminton racket, she didn’t know that the shuttlecock would go out of bounds and that would give the win for Hiyo and Sasame, who are now heading to the semifinals.

After their match is over, Keiko and Kanehira shake hands with Hiyo and Sasame.

“Great game, Hiyo and Sasame” said Keiko.

“Your performances are fabulous, and I can’t believe that you’re working hard. I like that!” said Kanehira.

“Thanks, Keiko and Kanehira! You two are doing great, but we win the match with the close finish!” said Sasame.

“I know that you two have lost, but you must cheer up and be happy” said Hiyo.

“Okay!” said Keiko and Kanehira.

The main tournament comes down to four pairs: the Takenaka twins, the pair of Hiyo and Sasame, the pair of Ken and Aya and the pair of Shupe and Miku. Ryōsuke and Shōji would reveal the matchups for the semifinals. “For the semifinals, there will be two matches taking place and the two winning pairs will be square off in the final. So, here are the matchups for the semifinals. The first match will be the Takenaka twins versus the pair of Shupe and Miku. And the other match will be the pair of Ken and Aya versus the pair of Hiyo and Sasame.”

Tsubaki and Hiiragi are surprised that they will be facing Shupe while Miku while Ken and Aya are getting their pressure on as they’ll battle against Hiyo and Sasame.

“So, this would call to be a fight for the championship, Tsubaki” said Miku.

“You should be expected that we’re going to battle you this time! So, watch out, Tsubaki and Hiiragi, because we’re ready to take you down!” said Shupe.

“Well, we’re not afraid of everyone and we should defeat you out to advance to the finals. Right, Hii?” said Tsubaki.

“Yeah!” said Hiiragi.

“I won’t let you get easy to defeat me, Ken!” said Sasame.

“You can’t win this match unless you have your strength to beat us!” said Hiyo.

“That was nice, but it doesn’t matter, we’re going to stomp you and advance to the finals!” said Ken.

“Yeah! We won’t give up because we’re going to win the tournament and you can’t underestimate us!” said Aya Shimojō.

“Then, let’s see which pairs will make it to the finals! Whoever side wins, it’s going to be the battle through survival!” said Shupe.

“So, bring it on!” said Sasame.

“Okay!” said Tsubaki, Hiiragi, Ken and Aya Shimojō.

The semifinal match between the pair of Shupe and Miku and the Takenaka twins would be challenging for both sides as they take turns with their swings and strikes with their rackets.

Then, as Tsubaki was able to score to tie the game with 9, she entrusts it to her twin sister. “You got this, Hii. Go for it!”

Hiiragi nods in her face to agree. “Okay!” Hiiragi strikes the shuttlecock first before Miku hits it back. Then, Tsubaki and Shupe exchange their strikes. As both sides are clashing with their acceleration and stamina, Tsubaki and Shupe are hoping that one of them may get the win. As Miku strikes the shuttlecock, Tsubaki strikes hard, but Shupe returns the favor. Hiiragi tries to catch it with her badminton racket, but she misses it, allowing Shupe and Miku to score a point.

“Not good! They got their point!” said Hiiragi.

“I hope that we should fight back, Hii. That Shupe is so strong with her moves are blowing like a whirlwind” said Tsubaki.

“Yeah, that’s true. Let’s fight back, Tsuba!” said Hiiragi.

“Yeah!” said Tsubaki.

As Hiyo and Sasame are cheering for them, Shupe and Miku are ready to finish the match by getting another point and advance to the final.

“Are you ready, Miku?” asked Shupe.

“Yes, Shupe-san, I’m ready!” said Miku.

“Then, let’s take them out for good!” said Shupe.

“Okay!” said Miku.

Shupe strikes the shuttlecock first before Tsubaki hits it. Both sides would continue to use their swings and strikes and suddenly, as Miku hits the shuttlecock hard, Hiiragi slams it so strong.

“Here it comes, Shupe!” said Miku.

As she prepares to use her badminton racket, Shupe shouts with her courage. “I’m from Naha and I learned everything about badminton because I’m the Naha’s Groundwave Ace! Groundwave Whirlwind!” Shupe’s special move allows her badminton racket to glow before hitting the shuttlecock with a sonicboom.

“Here it comes, Tsuba!” said Hiiragi.

“Alright. I’m not going to lose! Take this!” said Tsubaki as she strikes the shuttlecock with her badminton racket while the Groundblue Whirlwind is still in effect. Tsubaki founds out that the shuttlecock lands on her side and she doesn’t able to strike the shuttlecock. “What?!”

“It can’t be!” said Hiiragi.

“Shupe had used a special move!” said Ken.

“Wow! There’s no way any other player like her using that kind of move!” said Aya Shimojō.

The match has been finished and Shupe and Miku will advance to the final of the tournament.

“Alright! We won the match!” said Shupe.

“Yeah! You did a great job in doing that move! That was the magnificent move I have ever seen!” said Miku.

“Well, it’s worth of a try, Miku, but I was able to do that move after we tried hard to stop them” said Shupe.

“At least that you’re not chilled out to use that move, Shupe, but you’re an aspiring friend” said Miku.

“Oh… I guess so, Miku-san” said Shupe.

Tsubaki and Hiiragi arrive shortly to meet Shupe and Miku. Tsubaki offers Shupe a sign of sportsmanship. “Shupe. I lost, but I want to say is that your move was quite eccentric because you’re more talented in that sport.”

“Yeah, Tsubaki. I was interested to sports when I was in Naha before moving to Tokyo. Even I’m part of the Music Girls, I’m more active in sports unlike my other friends like Miku and Kotoko. But as for you, you did your best to stop me and I’m impressed you and your partner” said Shupe.

“Th…thanks, Shupe” said Tsubaki.

“I know that you two are good with your moves, but I’m sure that you’ll be able to learn more about” said Shupe.

“Playing basketball and badminton aren’t the best idea for us. Right, Hii?” said Tsubaki.

“Yeah” said Hiiragi.

“Anyway, good luck in the final” said Tsubaki.

“You got it, Tsubaki!” said Shupe and Miku.

The other semifinal match contests between the pair of Ken and Aya versus the pair of Hiyo and Sasame. Hiyo and Sasume try to do the same thing, but unfortunately Ken and Aya have proved too much for Hiyo and Sasume.

Sasame tries to strike the shuttlecock with her badminton racket, but unfortunately, she misses it and her team was defeated by the pair of Ken and Aya. “We lost, Hiyo-san. It’s over.”

“Yeah… those guys are still proving too much for us” said Hiyo.

“I’m sure that Shupe and Miku are going to prepare their final match against Ken and Aya would be epic” said Sasame.

“Probably, Sasame, but I’m glad that we were able to work hard to beat our opponents” said Hiyo.

“I agree. In fact, we still have Shupe and Miku. Shupe is good in badminton while Miku had just practiced playing badminton” said Sasame.

“True, Sasame. So, it goes down to two teams remaining and hopefully, Shupe and Miku will win the finals” said Hiyo.

“Yeah” said Sasame.

As the final match between the pair of Shupe and Miku and the pair of Ken Aya is underway, Tsubaki, Hiiragi, Sasame and Hiyo are cheering for their friends at the bench.

“Come on, Ken! You have to pull the force to strike!” said Tsubaki.

“Don’t make things serious, Shupe-san! It’s all onto you to stop them!” said Hiyo.

The montage shows what happened in the first and sets of the final when Ken scores the point after hitting the shuttlecock straight on to Miku’s side. Then, Miku scores the point when Aya misses the opportunity to hit the shuttlecock. Aya scores the point after Shupe didn’t able to catch up when she misses the strike. Shupe fights back to return the flavor for her and Miku after she uses the Groundwave Whirlwind that makes the wind even blowing when she smashes the shuttlecock and sends to Ken’s side.

“After both teams score one set each, we’re going down to the wire as Shupe and Miku are not worrying about their loss ever since Shupe had been playing well like an ace” said Sasame.

“While Shupe had been a great badminton player, her other friends from Okinawa are good badminton players too!” said Tsubaki.

“That’s right, Tsubaki. Shupe and her friends are playing badminton together after they moved to the Lavender Airlite Residence. In our home, we were practicing some musical numbers for our band, the Music Girls, and we enjoyed playing there” said Hiyo.

“I hope that someday when we’re going to check your home, I think it would be a lot of fun to enjoy around” said Hiiragi.

“I hope so, but enough talking about it, Hiiragi” said Sasame.

“Okay, but don’t just surprising me, Sasame-chan” said Hiiragi.

“O…okay” said Sasame.

While Ken and Aya try to form their combination of moves, Shupe and Miku continue to dominate with the combination of the acceleration and the Groundwave Whirlwind. Then, when Miku smashes the shuttlecock with her badminton racket, Ken uses the simple version of the Moonburst Boundary to increase his leverage in smashing the shuttlecock.

“Are you out yet?” asked Ken.

“I’m not done yet, Ken-chan!” said Shupe.

Shupe strikes the shuttlecock and then, Aya pulls off her pressure and hits the shuttlecock hard with her invisibility move before the shuttlecock sends to the other side of the court. Miku tries to smash the shuttlecock, but it disappears, causing her opponents to score a point and ties the game.

“The invisibility is back!” said Tsubaki.

“Looks like Aya had finally learned a new move!” said Hiiragi.

“It looks fascinating when Aya did that move, and I believe that she’s only going to make her moves invisible, but she comes out from the shadows and strikes it with her acceleration” said Akari Asakura.

“I think that move is called the Blurring Midnight Sneak. The move is more like a steal play because of her team’s name, the Foul Play Crew. I’m not sure whether she’ll be ready to use it in a real game, but she said that she will use it in the future” said Shinobu Higashimura.

“Wow! That’s good for her!” said Tsubaki.

“I’m sure that she’s ready to come out from the shadows, but now, both sides have tied the game again” said Hiiragi.

“I’m so thrilled right now, Hiiragi! This is going to be an epic match!” said Sasame.

“Yeah! I’m getting excited right now because Shupe is ready to strike back!” said Hiyo.

“Hopefully, Ken and Aya won’t be disappointed this time after Shupe and Miku took the second set point earlier” said Hiiragi.

“I hope so, Hii” said Tsubaki.

Aya strikes the shuttlecock with her badminton racket before Miku smashes it with her force. Ken is thrilling like a tornado and uses the Moonburst Boundary to smash the shuttlecock with his badminton racket faster. Shupe uses her acceleration to strike the shuttlecock before Aya strikes back harder. Miku uses the barrier to strike the shuttlecock with her badminton racket and then, Ken returns the favor, this time, his speed doubles when he smashes it.

“If you’re trying to stop us, then I’ll go with this!” said Shupe as she uses the Groundwave Whirlwind to smash the shuttlecock harder.

“Here it comes, Aya! She’s about to use the Groundwave Whirlwind again!” said Ken.

“Heh… trying to beat me with that move? Well, then, I will strike this with my move!” said Aya Shimojō as she uses the Blurring Midnight Sneak to strike the shuttlecock with her acceleration being doubled.

“You think you’re going to make it?” asked Shupe.

“Well… you’ll see” said Aya Shimojō.

Miku tries to hit the shuttlecock with her badminton racket, but she didn’t see that move. The shuttlecock would be landed at the back of Miku. “It landed at the back of me?! She’s doing good with her invisibility moves!”

“Yeah, Miku, that girl seems to be good in observing the entire match all along” said Shupe.

“Eh… that was surprising, but we must fight back, Shupe. We’ll use our combination move!” said Miku.

“You said it! Time to turn the tables to win!” said Shupe.

“Yeah!” said Miku.

Aya strikes the shuttlecock with her badminton racket before Miku smashes it back. Ken smashes the shuttlecock ahead before Shupe returns the favor.

“Go, Aya-chan! Go, Ken-chan!” said Tsubaki, Hiiragi, Akari and Shinobu.

“Come on, Shupe and Miku, fight back with your heart!” said Sasame and Hiyo.

Aya smashes hard before Miku was able to smash it back.

When Ken strikes the shuttlecock with his badminton racket, Shupe gears up to use the Groundwave Whirlwind. “I’m not going to lose this match! Take this!”

Shupe smashes the shuttlecock and the shuttlecock goes sonic boom, which causes Aya to miss the strike the shuttlecock lands beside her.

“She’s so strong! I can’t believe that she’s not giving up now” said Tsubaki.

“Yep. You will see something surprising when Shupe is about to use her special move again, but you better what your friends out of that move because Shupe doesn’t want to be disappointed” said Hiyo.

“I don’t think Ken and Aya will lose this match, but Shupe will not be able to stand against invisibility of Aya” said Tsubaki.

“Yeah, Aya should be fine with her move and she won’t lose her grip!” said Hiiragi.

“We’ll see about that, Tsubaki and Hiiragi” said Sasame.

Ken and Aya would be able to fight back with their special moves after Ken’s Moonburst Boundary did the trick to make Miku misses the opportunity to win the match. However, Shupe returns the favor to tie the game. Then, when Ken scores the point to regain the lead, he and Aya are about to win the tournament as they’re working together to stop Shupe and Miku. When Ken smashes the shuttlecock with his badminton racket, Miku would smash the shuttlecock hard and then, Aya is ready to use her Blurring Midnight Sneak.

“Get ready, Aya!” said Ken.

“Okay!” said Aya Shimojō. Aya holds her grip hard before using the Blurring Midnight Sneak. “Blurring Midnight Sneak!” Aya smashes the shuttlecock with her full strength before landing on Shupe’s court.

“You can do it, Shupe!” said Sasame.

“You can’t lose to that move!” said Hiyo.

“You think you’re trying to use that move, Aya? Then, how about this!” said Shupe as she strikes the shuttlecock with the Groundwave Whirlwind. The shuttlecock didn’t become invisible when Shupe strikes the shuttlecock and the shuttlecock goes back to Aya’s court.

“I will let that happen, Shupe!” said Ken as he uses the Moonburst Boundary to smash the shuttlecock faster.

“You’re not going to win this match, Ken!” said Miku as she uses the Flower Fire move to smash the shuttlecock with her badminton racket.

“Okay, then, I’ll fight back with my own!” said Aya Shimojō as she tries to use the Blurring Midnight Sneak to strike the shuttlecock with her badminton racket, this time her smash was stronger that causes Shupe to miss her chance to tie the game and Ken and Aya score the match point and wins the tournament.

“The match is over! The pair of Ken Yamamoto and Aya Shimojō wins the tournament!” said Ryōsuke.

Tsubaki, Hiiragi, Akari and Shinobu are finally glad that Ken and Aya have won the tournament against Shupe and Aya.

“What a fight to the finish move, Aya! That was so cool!” said Tsubaki.

“You’re the best, Aya! I’m so proud of you!” said Hiiragi.

Ken and Aya Shimojō are no longer afraid of losing the match. “Thanks, Tsubaki and Hiiragi.”

“I’m so happy that we finally beat the strong pair with our special moves!” said Ken.

“Yeah! It feels great that we made a great effort in the tournament and we finally made it!” said Aya Shimojō.

“Thanks to our special moves, maybe we can start training for new special moves until we’ll reach middle school” said Ken.

“Yeah, I agree!” said Aya Shimojō.

Shupe and Miku arrive alongside Sasame and Hiyo. Shupe still smiles to Ken and Aya, despite she and Miku lose the duel. “That was an awesome duel, Aya! I never thought that you’ll lose this match, but you’re freaking me out when you’re using that invisible move, I mean, the blurry move. I’m feeling satisfied to play with you.”

Aya Shimojō smiles to Shupe after hearing what Shupe said about her special move. “Thanks, Shupe. We both play together in a close fight, but I know that you’re strong in playing badminton. I have a feeling that you should train more to make sure that you’re good enough to beat your opponents with your exotic moves.”

“Yeah, that’s true, Aya. Even I’m the Naha’s Groundwave Ace, I’ll promise myself to keep on training until I’m going end up being a champion soon! But for now, I hope that your win will be able to propel more in playing badminton” said Shupe.

“Well, this is my first time that I’m playing badminton, but I’ll look forward into it once I’m no longer busy for some other time” said Aya Shimojō.

“Great! So, the next time we meet each other in a friendly time, I’m not going to let things easy on you” said Shupe.

“You bet, Shupe!” said Aya Shimojō as she and Shupe would shake each other’s hands.

“Yeah, that’s my Aya!” said Tsubaki.

“She’s not stopping now after she is no longer afraid of losing!” said Hiiragi.

“Yeah, she’s indeed the leader of our very own, the Foul Play Crew!” said Akari.

“Yeah, I agree with you, Akari!” said Tsubaki and Hiiragi while the members of the Foul Play Crew.

“Oh, that reminds me, everyone, we should talk to our friends outside, so that we can wait for your friends to come in and go together in the mansion” said Miku.

“It would be a fun day to enjoy getting along with us!” said Hiyo.

“So, if you want, then I would be happy to come outside and talk with them” said Sasame.

“Okay!” said Tsubaki, Hiiragi and the members of the Foul Play Crew.

“Good! Then, let’s go out and meet my friends outside!” said Shupe.

“Okay!” said Tsubaki, Hiiragi and the members of the Foul Play Crew. Tsubaki, Hiiragi and the members of the Foul Play Crew have finally witnessed Aya Shimojō’s new move, the Blurring Midnight Sneak, during her match against Shupe and Miku with her partner Ken Yamamoto. Now that they finished playing each other in a badminton tournament, Tsubaki, Hiiragi, Shupe, Miku, Hiyo, Sasame and the members of the Foul Play Crew are hopefully going to get some free time to continue their day while some of their friends are competing in two separate tournaments.

UP NEXT: Interlude 17: “A Busy Day without the Charms (Part 3)”

It’s great that a badminton activity was added to the six-part interlude to make Tsubaki, Hiiragi and the Foul Play Crew have some fun time to play while Subaru, Hinata, Kagetsu, Kentarō and their friends have gone to participate in the Young Players Cup and the Ōmori Invitationals, respectively. I love badminton because I have played that sport, back when I was in elementary school. All for the memories will never be forgotten. But anyway, the next part of the interlude will be split into three parts: (1) Miyu, Aya and her friends are going to the Suzuran Shopping Street to buy their new clothes after they joined the Bravehearts; (2) Saki, Chinami Itagaki, Airi, Ayaka, Momoe and their friends have a conversation in the sentō of the Misawa Resort Hotel; and (3) Masami and The Wisteria Club would be met by Roro Morooka, Uori Mukae and Kiri Mukae as they’re looking at the flowers in the botanical garden of the Misawa Resort Hotel. I’ll see you on February 13 (Wednesday) for the next update!

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread Information